30 September 2026

For Blasphemy Day

Today is International Blasphemy Day -- a day for denigrating, mocking, and denouncing deeply-held spiritual beliefs of every kind!  The day is observed every September 30, commemorating the publication of the Danish Muhammad cartoons in 2005.  It is our absolute right, as part of freedom of expression, to criticize and undermine religion just like any other kind of ideology, in whatever way we choose.

I'm not up to posting much right now -- a flare-up of an old joint-inflammation problem means that I'm having to type mostly left-handed, which greatly slows me down.  But I can't let such an important day pass unobserved.  You can find plenty of relevant material in my posts from 2023, 2024, and 2025.  You might also like these:

Why mockery and ridicule are the best way of handling religion.

How Christianity destroyed Western civilization.

The world we should have had, that never got a chance to exist.

My obituary for Hypatia of Alexandria -- and how she finally won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

<< Home