15 September 2026

Blogspot issue with scheduled posts

Blogger Mary Kirkland reports a problem with scheduled posts on Blogspot -- four posts that she had written and scheduled simply vanished and had to be re-written.  I never use post scheduling myself, but if you do, you might want to take precautions, such as copying any post you've written and scheduled onto a non-online document, or posting them at some time when you can just do it manually.

Update:  Mary reports scheduled posting seems to be working again, at least for her.

16 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't pre-schedule, but I usually pre-write. Then I check them over before I publish but still have typos and other errors. I haven't lost any of those.

15 September, 2026 05:50  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

I generally pre-write too (each link round-up is written in bits and pieces over the whole preceding week) and I haven't had any problem with that either. The problem seems to be just with scheduling.

15 September, 2026 06:55  
Blogger JustGail said...

I wonder if it's related to the sidebar reading list dates not updating? That started about a week ago, right after they fixed issues with comments.

15 September, 2026 08:40  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

I suppose that's possible, if both of them are caused by a glitch in the system keeping track of dates or something like that.

15 September, 2026 08:48  
Blogger Ami said...

I had a premonition the other day and decided to get my blog backed up. Downloaded a copy of the whole thing. With all the issues I got worried.

15 September, 2026 10:05  
Blogger SickoRicko said...

I've been scheduling for a few years now. So far there hasn't been a problem.

15 September, 2026 10:26  
Blogger Bijoux said...

That is frustrating! I also use blogspot and my Reading List has not updated in six days. It's definitely a site-wide issue. I fear that Blogger days are numbered.

15 September, 2026 11:23  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

Seems that I can pre-schedule posts again and they aren't disappearing anymore. I will be writing all of my reviews and saving a copy to my email from now on though. Live and learn I guess.

15 September, 2026 16:05  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Ami: Making a back-up is probably a good idea regardless. There do seem to be a lot of issues lately.

Ricko: That's interesting, since you post every day. Maybe it's a sporadic problem.

Bijoux: Reading lists still seem to be lagging behind, even though Mary says the scheduling problem is apparently fixed.

Mary: Thanks for the update. I guess we should be saving everything independently of Blogspot, just to be sure.

15 September, 2026 18:55  
Blogger Veronica Lee said...

I’ve never trusted Blogger’s scheduling feature much, so I usually just hit publish myself when I’m around. Reading about posts vanishing makes me glad I do! Still, it’s worrying to see so many glitches popping up lately -- from comments to reading lists to scheduling.

15 September, 2026 21:50  
Blogger Kirk said...

Since I prefer my posts to make their debuts in the wee hours of the morning, I post-schedule right before I go to bed, and I never post-schedule more than one post at a time.

15 September, 2026 23:37  
Blogger Rade said...

We are doing a lot of traveling over the next 8 weeks, and I have scheduled my blog to be posted without interruption. I just checked and everything is still there out to November 8. Thanks for the heads up; I'll keep an eye out if any dates go missing.

16 September, 2026 03:31  
Anonymous Diana said...

How frustrating that Mary's posts just vanished, glad to hear the issue seems resolved now, but still a good reminder to keep backups going forward!

16 September, 2026 08:50  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Veronica: It's disturbing. I wonder if there's some deeper underlying problem behind all the glitches, like increased use of "AI".

Kirk: Hopefully you haven't lost any. This problem seems to have been short-lived, but we have to hope it doesn't recur.

Rade: If you do notice anything amiss, I hope you'll post about it. It's important to warn other bloggers about problems.

Diana: I certainly intend to be more diligent about back-ups. I don't pre-schedule posts, but something else might go wrong.

17 September, 2026 01:39  
Blogger Tomichan Matheikal said...

I don't use the scheduling either. I keep all files on my laptop and post them when required.

17 September, 2026 06:04  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Probably wise not to rely on an increasingly glitchy system any more than absolutely necessary.

17 September, 2026 08:25  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home