Improving words (13)
Adverse: A poetic sales pitch
Commodification: The act of transforming something into a toilet
Contact: The politeness of prison inmates
Copperhead: The number of police officers per unit of population
Deluded: Deprived of quaaludes
Flippant: Heavy breathing due to the exertion of jumping backwards
Harpoon: An impolite term for a woman who plays a stringed instrument
Horatio: The number of prostitutes in relation to another number
Hypotenuse: An injection needle that can be used almost a dozen times
Implying: The untruthful words of a small demon
Inventory: It's either in the air-conditioning outlet or at the YMCA
Isolate: Dammit, I'll never be able to get there on time
Legend: A foot
Platitude: The quality of being a duck-billed platypus
Primaries: A priggish constellation
Relay: To have sex with the same person again
Sacrament: A sack of excrement
Salmonella: A re-make of Cinderella in which the main character is a fish
Solace: A playing card depicting the Sun
Summa cum Laude: Some cum loudly
Warming: A merciless militarist
[The previous "improving words" post is here.]


8 Comments:
Ok it took me a second but I got there in the end. Pretty clever.
Horatio Hornblower is on his way over to kick your ass. Don't also make fun of his last name when he gets there.
I was doing fine (just grinning) until sacrament and then I lost it.
Lady M: Just trying to improve the language a bit.....
Debra: I'll just tell him his horn b lower than it should b.
Jono: I maintain that that one is the correct definition.....
You're so good at these.
And "I so late" is something I actually go around saying a lot of the time, believe it or not :)
Wow! These are quite clever and really funny too! Make me put on my thinking hat! Hugs, RO
Jenny_o, RO: Thanks! This is the 13th list of these that I've done, but there always seem to be more words available to improve.
Nice ideas.
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home