23 June 2009

Nedâ

How a murdered woman became a revolutionary icon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alessandro Machi said...

When a communication device being used to communicate for peaceful purposes results in that person being killed, that pretty much warrants an international investigation.

Death by sniper for using a mobile phone, if found to be true, does indeed make Neda a martyr, assuming the person acted in concert with the government.

The problem is not knowing who the killer was and what motivated them to kill.

23 June, 2009 11:38  
Anonymous rita said...

Thanks for continuing to diligently cover this important subject. Since I spend all day with the local news, I'm woefully behind on whats going on out in the bigger picture. I confess I check out the blogs to find out what the national buzz is. Your's is very up to date. :)

23 June, 2009 22:17  
Blogger VAMP said...

Crap that's haunting. Her looking right into the camera as she's passing. I had heard/read about this but this was the 1st time I saw it.

23 June, 2009 23:03  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home