Image round-up for 28 July 2026
[For the link round-up, click here. For the "lesson from Berlin" post, click here.]
I'm glad the fad for trying to make offices look like Star Trek did finally come to an end. How did she get in and out of that thing? A trapdoor underneath? Did part of it fold out somehow? And a pointlessly huge expanse of desk space to pass papers across, much of it too far from either side to be usable for anything.
So you're not allowed to ride a bike, but you're allowed to injure kids and old people?
Just imagine sitting under a light fixture that size. No wonder there are two fans to keep people cool. And what are those two silver tuba-looking things?
The Piazza del Campo in Siena, Italy
Chambord Castle, France
Segovia, Spain, with ancient Roman aqueduct
Manasija Monastery, Serbia
Overlooking Tehrān -- yes, snow in the Middle East
Nancy, France
Hell?














































16 Comments:
Good collection of images today!
I especially like the misty trees…
The receptionist's desk is ridiculous. However, it would soon be covered in books, papers, pens, gadgets in my house. That's why we haven't got one.
I love your sense of humor. I love all the work on that slide that didn't work and he didn't land in the pool. I spewed my coffee.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥
Rade: Thanks!
Paula: Those were cool.
Jabblog: That's another reason the picture doesn't look realistic. Any desk that's in actual use will have stuff all over it.
Sandee: A disappointing home-improvement outcome indeed. Thanks for hosting the blog hop.
Great round-up. I can't get enough of this stuff. Hell? Almost. This was the cool part where John Constantine lit the Dragon's Breath Flamethrower Tube. One of my favorite movies, Constantine - 2005.
I enjoyed the collection. Seemed a little shorter than usual. Maybe it's just me.
Anon: Glad you like the round-ups, and thanks for identifying the image. That one is weird as hell. Maybe I should check out the movie.
Ricko: Yes, this one is a little over forty pictures, which is somewhat fewer than usual.
It's a good thing no one was on that porch when that tire came flying there.
So many good ones though.
Do not dumb has always been good advice
O my God! So many interesting images. The very first one - what's caught the cat's attention so much - I wonder. And that man sliding out of the pool - is that real? And Titkok ;)
Mary: Loose tires are more dangerous than a lot of people realize. They're made of rubber, but they're not soft and they're very heavy.
Ruby: And advice that many people need to hear!
Tomichan: Thanks! I hope that cat is reading my blog.....
And Titkok did indeed shit down.
I post one of these image round-ups every two weeks, by the way.
Hey that's my sister on the kitty porn site
Heh..... she'll be busy, most of the internet is kitties and porn.
Having visited Segovia’s aqueduct, I can say it’s even more impressive in person.
Thanks for this fun post -- I really enjoyed it.
I bet it is! I'm glad you enjoyed the post.
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
<< Home