Image round-up for 14 July 2026
[For the link round-up, click here. For the Wicker Man video, click here.]
Sicily seen from space, with smoke coming from Mount Etna
The Avala Tower, Belgrade, Serbia
Crater Lake, Oregon
Normandy, France
Piran, Slovenia
The Guinigi Tower in Lucca, Italy, fourteenth century -- the rooftop is a garden, with oak trees
To see it like this, you'd need to be traveling at about a hundred thousand light years per second

















































9 Comments:
Interesting collection this morning, and I do agree - if Lovecraft is based in Massachusetts, they need the accent!
I love the first one!
I love them all. My favorite one is the jet taking off. That guy was in the wrong place for sure. Brilliant. I also loved the dog that outran that huge tire.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥
I always hate to see these come to an end.
100.000 ly/sec ?
But you forgot the blue shift.
The portal in the Walmart parking lot is my favorite. But I love the last one too. These are great.
Rade: It will add an interesting twist to my readings of Lovecraft's stories.
Paula: I drink tea, not coffee, but aside from that, there's a lot of truth in it.
Sandee: That guy's lucky he wasn't blown off the ship. Thanks for hosting the blog hop.
Anon: Thanks! They're usually a bit longer than this -- but there will always be more.
Phat: Blue shift? Who knows what that would look like, going three billion times faster than light. But since going faster than light isn't possible at all according to normal physics, who knows what kind of rules would apply.
Mary: I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart actually has gateways to Hell available. They sell pretty much anything else.
Love them. Thanks for the smiles
Glad you like them!
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning: anything supporting transgender ideology, or negative toward Brexit, or in favor of a military draft or compulsory national service, will be deleted. I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
<< Home