16 September 2020

Improving words (17)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.....

Arctic:  A twitch which moves along a curved path

Barbed:  A place in the tavern where you can sleep it off

Capillaries:  A sickly, hat-wearing person born during a specific month

Comfort:  A defensive structure for orgasms

Deference:  The removal of iron

Discourage:  The dance music that makes you angry

Expensive:  Formerly thoughtful

Fandom:  A sexually-controlling man who wields an air-cooling device

Interlude:  To bury a sedative pill

Ombudsman:  A guy who uses flowers as mantras

Ozarks:  Boats built to carry Munchkins to safety during a flood

Repair:  To re-unite an estranged couple

Restrain:  A relaxing downpour

Revolt: To give a battery a new charge

Seamstress:  Anxiety about a place where two pieces of fabric are sewn together

Sinking:  A monarch of taboo violations

Sirloin:  A cut of meat which has been knighted

Summer:  A person who performs addition

Urchin:  The primordial point of the jaw

Washroom:  A psychoactive fungus from Washington state

[The previous "improving words" post is here.]

4 Comments:

Blogger Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Comfort and Interlude did it for me!

LOL

XOXO

16 September, 2020 03:54  
Blogger Lady M said...

Ha ha - love Ozarks.

16 September, 2020 06:58  
Blogger Mike said...

Some of these were obvious but some I had to think about. Bar-bed. I couldn't get barb-ed out of my head.

16 September, 2020 11:08  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Sixpence: Every time I see Ray Comfort's name, I think of it as "Cumfart".

Lady M: We must preserve the Munchkins!

Mike: Just the way my brain reads things, I guess.....

17 September, 2020 16:04  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home