15 November 2018

Improving words (8)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.....

Approach:  A disease-bearing insect you can download to your phone

Assist:  A person whose ideology is based on posteriors

Barking:  The monarch of a tavern

Convention:  An atom found in a nunnery with some of its electrons missing

Dilate:  Princess Diana is dead

Dominion:  The obedient lackey of a female deer

Explain:  A former flatland

Gallant:  To irritate a small insect

Herbivore:  The eating porn she starred in with partners of both genders

Infuriate:  I always dressed warmly for meals

Interrogate:  A scandal involving the burial of a Star Trek character

Mallard:  Fat which accumulates due to spending time in shopping centers

Palace:  The card every gambler considers a friend

Pardon:  A scholar of golf scores

Peerage:  Anger at the consequence of a hooker mistaking you for Donald Trump

Pollute:  A stringed instrument played during surveys

Profile:  In favor of documentation

Radial:  A knob for tuning in the Egyptian Sun god

Remember:  The thing to do for someone who has been dismembered

Robust:  An arrest for possession of robots

Shamrock:  Fake stone

Subdue:  You owe me one undersea vessel

Tearing:  A secret group conspiring to drink tea

Warden:  A cozy home for fighting

[The previous "improving words" post is here.]

7 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

I love these! I will never look at the word "assist" quite the same again! Thanks for the much-needed laugh!

15 November, 2018 19:35  
Anonymous Ole Phat Stu said...

Subservient : Butler to the captain of a submarine.

15 November, 2018 21:25  
Anonymous Ole Phat Stu said...

Automatic : clockwork mother flea.

16 November, 2018 01:36  
Blogger bluzdude said...

Shampoo: Fake bear.

16 November, 2018 05:13  
Blogger Nan said...

These are so good! I snickered at several of them. Do you have a source or are you the one with "word" talent?

16 November, 2018 09:22  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Jill: Glad you liked them -- there's more (see the link at the end).

Ole, Bluz: Heh.

Nan: Thanks! Yep, they're original with me.

16 November, 2018 16:52  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Funny, but it makes sense too. Be cool if someone like you had to answer questions on a questionnaire or interview, and you redefined everything they asked, that would really mess with their head, wondering what in Hell you are talking about

17 November, 2018 06:00  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home