23 August 2018

Improving words (7)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.  (I can't believe this is the seventh of these lists I've posted!  I'll have to issue a dictionary.)

Alarmist:  A fine vapor sprayed on fruit trees

Boosting:  To jeer at a wasp's attack

Churchill:  An ailment proceeding from religion

Citizen:  An urban form of Japanese Buddhism

Commodore:  The mineral from which miners extract the material toilets are made of

Dilute:  The official musical instrument of Princess Diana

Flamingo:  A Cheerio that's been set on fire

Induce:  Swallowed by Mussolini

Literacy:  Low in calories and sexually provocative

Locomotive:  A crazy reason for doing something

Pathology:  The study of walkways

Peeking:  Donald Trump's new nickname, if stories of his Moscow hotel romp are verified

Pentagram:  A male sheep bearing labels written in sharpie

Pigeon:  A very long time period dominated by swine

Proverb:  Supportive of words which denote actions

Rebuff:  To polish again

Shellacking:  A slug, as described by a snail

Strumpet:  To idly play your dog or cat

Sublime:  What British sailors traditionally eat on an undersea vessel

Trivial:  A small container that can hold three different substances

[The previous "improving words" post is here.]

7 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

All funny ... I think my favourites are 'boosting', 'pigeon', and 'strumpet'! Thanks for the humour!

23 August, 2018 19:55  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

You have quite the imagination!

24 August, 2018 05:55  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

All were funny once again. Boosting is my favorite even though I hate wasps.

24 August, 2018 08:49  
Blogger jono said...

I think my Funk and Wagnall's needs revision.

24 August, 2018 10:25  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks everyone!

Funk and Wagnalls -- that brings back memories!

25 August, 2018 04:31  
Blogger Ten Bears said...

I am acquainted with locomotion. I think it's in the water.

25 August, 2018 08:29  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

There's a lot of stuff in the water these days.....

26 August, 2018 01:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home