18 September 2010

Explaining teabaggerdom -- to the Chinese



Somebody in Taiwan created this clever animated video to explain the Tea Party movement to Chinese-speaking viewers (this version has English subtitles). Found via The Immoral Minority.

7 Comments:

Blogger TomCat said...

Saw this and loved it!!

18 September, 2010 11:28  
Blogger Leslie Parsley said...

Oh my, what a good one.

18 September, 2010 19:06  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

I love how the farm boy is literally choking a chicken! I wonder if Chinese has some of the same euphemisms as English.

18 September, 2010 19:20  
Blogger Cyc said...

Why can't we get things like that in our country. If foreign politics/insanity were conveyed to the American public in such a manner I'm quite sure more people would take note.

19 September, 2010 06:03  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

I think some of Tina Fey's Palin stuff came close, but we need a lot more of it.

I was a bit surprised to see this coming from Taiwan, actually. I suspect it's the Japanese influence.

19 September, 2010 09:17  
Anonymous Tim said...

And with two you get egg roll..

Loved it!

19 September, 2010 11:03  
Blogger mommapolitico said...

I don't know who is putting these together, but they're pretty right on! Thanks for sharing this - I tweeted it on...gotta love the graphics!

19 September, 2010 12:11  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home