Reminders, one day before the vote
(1) Barack Obama is not legitimately the Democratic nominee. His followers stole the nomination from Hillary Clinton by blatant fraud and intimidation during the caucuses.
(2) His cult has engaged in a campaign of systematic vilification, dehumanization, and sliming of all opposition, most notably the disgusting misogynistic attacks on Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin -- a campaign without parallel in modern American politics.
(3) The Wright/TUCC issue remains. Does Obama find rabid anti-white racism, America-bashing, and paranoia to be acceptable? If not, why did he take as his spiritual mentor, for most of his adult life, a man who preached those things? Why did he attend that man's church for equally long, and bring his daughters there? If I were religious, I would not stay for even a moment in a church whose preacher talked about blacks the way Wright talked about whites.
(4) Several other important issues, including national security, are addressed in my own posting here, which also responds to some of the concerns and reservations which those of us on the left might naturally have about a McCain administration.
(5) On the war-and-peace issue, this veteran says it better in two minutes than a lengthy essay I might write could hope to do. Note also that US troops overwhelmingly favor McCain.
The polls say the American electorate is on the brink of making a terrible mistake. But for myself, I think our people are wiser than the pundits give them credit for. Tomorrow will tell.