05 October 2008

PUMAs purr and roar

A cheery report from the rally in Carson, California. More here and here. Also, an encounter with the opposition.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

Ugh. Well, we all have our reasons for voting or not voting the way we do. I would of voted for Hillary, myself but since she's out I'm voting for Obama. But, then again I'm not a disgruntled Democrat.

I also believe in supporting women whether in politics or the right to choose an abortion . I certainly don't see Palin as a much of a supporter of women with those right wing Christian views of hers.

05 October, 2008 16:39  
Blogger Christy said...

I don't know Handmaiden...and I'm voting for Obama too....

I'm a liberal, but I don't think conservative women are anti-woman.

They may be anti-MY view of liberal womanhood. I'm pro-choice, of course, and her abortion stance is a trouble to me.

But she, herself, is pretty gutsy. Not that we'd be friends....

07 October, 2008 18:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the real point is where do her loyalties lay?

I'm a liberal, also. & like you I don't want to move the clock backwards. Sure, you can make the argument that conservative women aren't anti-woman, they are women after all. :)

It just comes down to what kind of women we want to be. This election cycle is our chance to show our strengths. Hillary Clinton would have been a good strong choice. Sarah Palin, not a good choice to represent us.

09 October, 2008 23:41  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home