Improving words (19)
Advent: To let loose your frustration about the plague of ads clogging up the internet
Betray: A beam of energy which induces people to gamble
Booming: Jeer at him for being merciless
Carouse: To use an automobile to sexually excite someone
Catacombs: Implements for grooming felines
Cobra: An additional breast support
Curfew: There aren't many nasty dogs around
Electrocute: To vote for a Star Trek character as the prettiest
Equinox: A cross between a horse and a bull
Fundamentally: A friend of giant tree-like Lord of the Rings creatures who live near an enjoyable barrier across a river
Illustrate: The charge for satisfying your sick desires
Infallible: Easy to fall into (for example, a large hole in the ground)
Inundate: Even though she's renounced sex, I still go out with her
Lampoon: A harpoon which also provides light
Lassitude: A girl's attitude
Managed: As old as an adult male human
Oxymoron: A person with stupid opinions about invigorating gas
Palindrome: A stadium reserved for performances by a dingbat former governor of Alaska
Perverse: For each poem
Pretender: Soft in advance
Repair: Atmospheric gas generated by your good name
Vanguard: A sentry who protects a box-like vehicle
Wanton: A pale 2,000-pound weight
[The previous "improving words" post is here.]


9 Comments:
Fundamentally: "A friend of giant tree-like Lord of the Rings creatures who live near an enjoyable barrier across a river."
The power this one has!
XOXO
"Lampoon," LOL! Ideal for hunting Moby-Dick at night, I guess!
Betray could also be a plate made specifically for carrying bees.
Love them all!
Also this: Betray: A beam of energy which induces people to gamble; or
An exhortation to become a flat, shallow container with a raised rim for carrying a tea set?
This is such fun!
Thanks everyone! The work of language reform continues.....
I especially like oxymoron and palindrome because they’re plays on words that are themselves playful words.
Ok, some of those are really funny.
:-)
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home