18 November 2020

Improving words (18)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.....

Apex:  Counting two primates back from chimpan-Z

Chestnut:  A devotee of bosoms

Chrysanthemum:  A golden national song, uh.....

Coarse:  A fellow British posterior

Codification:  The act of transforming something into a codfish

Continent:  To scam a tree-like mythical creature made of flimsy metal

Despicable:  A word racists who favor the deportation of Hispanics use to describe the US

Disturbance:  The removal of an Indian/Mideastern head covering

Hammock:  To ridicule pig flesh

Heart:  Masculine creative expression

Honest:  A place where bird prostitutes live

Inevitable:  Capable of being swallowed by the wife of an Argentine ruler

Manganese:  The language of Japanese comics

Matching:  The metallic ringing sound made by a carpet

Molasses:  (a) The rear ends of burrowing mammals; (b) More girls, please!

Polymath:  The art of enumerating parrots

Proton:  In favor of a massive weight

Restore:  The mineral from which relaxation is extracted

Supporter:  What's goin' on, luggage-carrier?

Yankee:  A person who is being abruptly pulled

[The previous "improving words" post is here.]

10 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

I always love these even though there are often a few that require extra thinking.

18 November, 2020 11:36  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Polymath" is my fave, LOL!

18 November, 2020 13:08  
Blogger Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahahahaha
Yankee, huh?

XoXo

18 November, 2020 15:48  
Blogger Mike said...

Heart - I've done one of these.
Ape-X - Now I get it.
Chestnut - I have a 'sort of' follower that is one of these. He is into Pauline Hickey. Has he ever been here? One of these days I'll do a post on him and Pauline. But I need to do a little more research. Mostly, I need more motivation.

18 November, 2020 17:32  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks! Glad to know my efforts to improve the language are appreciated.

Mike: I got a couple of those Pauline Hickey comments a while back. They were off-topic for the posts they were on, so I just deleted them in moderation.

19 November, 2020 04:32  
Blogger Richard said...

Those are funny. It took me a few tries to get some of them. I felt like i won a prize when i figured out "heart".

19 November, 2020 22:25  
Blogger Kay said...

Oh gosh... These are great!

20 November, 2020 13:09  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks! It's fun doing them.

21 November, 2020 19:01  
Blogger RO said...

You have an amazing mind, and I sure wish I could grab some of your thought processes for just one week!(lol) These are just fabulous! Hugs, RO

23 November, 2020 03:15  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks! I'm sure there will be yet more to come.

23 November, 2020 05:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home