27 January 2009

Quote for the day

"I have read the Koran, and as an unbeliever -- which I am, by the way, I don't know if I've ever mentioned that before -- if I talked about Muslims the way their holy book talks about me, I'd be arrested for hate speech and I'd probably end up in prison.....

"Now, the truth is sometimes offensive, there's no doubt about that. But it doesn't make it any less true. The truth is, there are millions of people all over the Western world who are absolutely sick and tired of Islam. They're sick of hearing about it and they're sick of making allowances for it that aren't deserved. And they feel enough is enough, and their voices will be heard. The multicultu-ral mafia can pretend it ain't so, and they can pass all the laws they want to, and continue to harass people and shut down internet connections and generally behave like the Gestapo, but it isn't going to work. You can't change people's hearts by force. We are not going to respect Islam until Islam starts to respect us. But then, if that ever happened, it wouldn't be Islam any more. And that, in a nutshell, is the problem."

British atheist and humorist

7 Comments:

Blogger Quantum_Flux said...

::::Off topic here::::

What is your opinion on this? Obama lifts ban on overseas abortion funding

Unless I missunderstand this, my opinion happens to be that the infant mortality rate high is already high enough as it is overseas and thereby abortion overseas is redundant and a severe waste of taxpayer money.

27 January, 2009 10:44  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

The purpose of the ban was to impose American Christian fundamentalist anti-abortion nutjob attitudes on people in other countries. Lifting the ban is a symbolic blow against the entanglement of religious taboos with government policy, and is therefore a good thing.

If we're going to help Third World countries at all -- and I think the relatively modest amounts we spend on that are pretty far down on the list of wasteful expenditures -- then increasing their people's freedom of choice in the area of abortion is a good part of the program.

27 January, 2009 10:51  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

PS Further comments on this subject should go here.

27 January, 2009 10:59  
Blogger mendip said...

Wonderful quotation - thanks for posting it!

27 January, 2009 13:46  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

The whole video is worth watching (click on his name under the quote).

27 January, 2009 14:11  
Blogger VAMP said...

YEAH!

Pat also said, Sadam wants to replace slack-bellied western decadence with something more wholesome, like polygamy and ritualised maiming.

27 January, 2009 20:50  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

For Pete's sake...just reading this...you can feel the pain! I actually hear them loud and clear...and sympathize with them here...to me it's even more nauseating then listening to to whining of the christian fundamoralist's...and just to think...I never thought I'd have to see the day where I could say that some other rising religion is worse! And I am 100% for anyone who chooses to believe in any kind of spirituality...I am not spiritual...but I am fair. But this has gotten absolutely ridiculous! An enlightening quote guy!

28 January, 2009 06:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home