Image round-up for 11 August 2026
[For the link round-up, click here.]
Well, the famous wardrobe was an exit to Narnia, but I don't know where these would lead to.....
Made by Rade
Italian conservator Lorenza D'Alessandro working on the tomb of ancient Egyptian queen Nefertari
Paris in 1900
Views of Titan, Saturn's largest moon -- larger than the planet Mercury







































13 Comments:
"AARP! AARP!" Love that!
Fun collection this morning, and thanks for the shout out! The "Exit Here" crack me up; there is a seasonal clam shack in Seekonk MA called "Dickies Clam Shack" they always set their port-a-johns next to the parking lot exit. They DO have a sense of humor!
I can't stop thinking about that poor cat - what a way to learn a lesson.
Rade: "Dickie's Clam Shack" sounds slightly suspect in itself.
Jabblog: I hope the person filming eventually put down the camera and rescued him.
Looked like Alien for an instant.
Always good to see my main man Richmond, out of hiding.
The woman with the frying pan makes me think of Mack the Knife. Titan images are super cool! Love the liquid rainbow spirit. Beautifully spooky. Maria the nun breaks bad! So great. And for some strange reason, I really dig the potato…
Ufff, son espectaculares. El gato espero que saliera bien parado. La moto que se parte en dos menudo tortazo se pega. Saludos desde España
I love them all. I love your sense of humor and the AARP made me howl.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥
Tim: I had to look up Richmond. I thought that was a picture of a zombie, so I was surprised to find out he's an accountant (though as a former accountant myself, I can say that those two professions have more in common than you'd think). He's certainly a sharper dresser than most accountants or zombies.
Paula: It's awesome how we now have these detailed images of the other worlds of our solar system. Maria certainly doesn't look like most people's idea of a nun there. I found the potato strangely mesmerizing too.
Nuria: Gracias desde Oregon. I assume the cat did get help, since a person was there (filming).
Sandee: Thanks as always for doing these blog hops. I thought the AARP dog was pretty funny.
I, too, felt for the cat. The final GIF reminded me that I have 2,955 of them tucked away.
That's 2,955 gifs and not 2,955 cats, I hope.....
The Egyptian queen picture is my favorite. The turquoise frog on the pink rose doesn't even look real! Fun collection.
It's striking how much the modern Italian and the ancient Egyptian resemble each other.
I think the frog is real. With all the "AI" crap these days you can never be sure, but I seem to remember it being described as a specific species.
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
<< Home