01 April 2020

Improving words (14)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.....

Anthem:  The lower edge of a skirt composed of small insects

Booking:  To jeer at a monarch

Delight:  To plunge something into darkness

Demonstrate:  A layer of Hellish monsters

Discount:  To express contempt for Dracula

Earnest:  When a bird lays its eggs in your organ of hearing

Epistolary:  Related to an e-mailed handgun

Finale:  An alcoholic drink made from fishes' organs of locomotion

Flatulent:  The leaky tire I borrowed from you

Fortune:  In favor of music

Hinterland:  The country of people who communicate with vague clues

Hoax:  A large hatchet wielded by a prostitute for self-defense

Liable:  Susceptible to being lied to

Moccasin:  To deride a taboo violation

Napalm:  A donation to support a brief sleep

Panicky:  Eww, that Greek satyr god is yucky

Parole:  The part of a father in a play

Potassium:  The element of which marijuana and rumps are made

Stylist:  A roster of habitations for pigs

Sublime:  Inferior to a citrus fruit

Vinegar:  A type of fish that grows on winding plants

[The previous "improving words" post is here.]

15 Comments:

Blogger Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Hahaha
Punny. I needed that. Really.

XOXO

01 April, 2020 04:37  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your mind works in strange and wonderful ways!

01 April, 2020 07:05  
Blogger Lady M said...

Had to really think about some of these - good job.

01 April, 2020 13:48  
Blogger Ami said...

I always love these. My favorite this time is discount. I don't know why. They were all wonderful.

01 April, 2020 14:20  
Blogger W. Hackwhacker said...

Sublime! (Which, as you defined in a previous "Improving Words (7)" means "What British sailors traditionally eat on an undersea vessel.")

Nicely done as usual!

01 April, 2020 14:30  
Blogger Mike said...

The ho ax was a good one.

01 April, 2020 16:46  
Blogger Victor said...

Hoax damn near had me peeing in my shorts!

But ALL are great!

Thank, I needed the laughs tonight!!!

01 April, 2020 19:44  
Blogger jenny_o said...

So clever! Can't pick a favourite, they're all so good.

01 April, 2020 21:21  
Blogger Bruce said...

Did you know that irony is the opposite of wrinkly?

02 April, 2020 10:34  
Blogger jono said...

These are always terrific!

02 April, 2020 11:02  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

Those are very clever.

02 April, 2020 13:00  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks everyone! I hope I'm providing a bit of diversion.....

03 April, 2020 00:40  
Blogger RO said...

Your mind never ceases to amaze AND impress me. There has to be a way to make some t-shirts and get rich with quite a few of these Infidel(lol) Lots and lots of hugs, RO

04 April, 2020 02:56  
Blogger Nan said...

I'd like to share these on Facebook. Any objections?

Would you want me to reference your blog or provide your name? 

04 April, 2020 15:24  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

RO: Maybe we should do a joint venture.....

Nan: That's fine -- but yes, if you do post this (or anything of mine) on Facebook, please include a link back to my blog. Thanks.

04 April, 2020 17:29  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home