When I read the title "The Secretary" and your above tag/descrip, I was thinking of a different film from 2002 with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader. It's a popular film in our Alternative Lifestyles circles. (wicked grin & wink)
Professor: I had to look that up -- not really my kind of thing, but chacun à son goût. Given the day, I'd rather look toward empowerment of workers -- and of women.
What is that show called? I thought it was called "But can she type?" as that was on screen in the beginning, but when I IMDB'd that, it turns out to be a movie directed by Ron Jeremy and definitely NOT starring the very wholesome Pam Dawber.
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism 2. Negativity about Brexit 3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
Individualist, pro-technology, pro-democracy, anti-religion. I speak only for myself and not for any ideology, movement, or party. It has been my great good fortune to live my whole life free of "spirituality" of any kind. I am not Jewish, nor gay, nor (obviously) a woman -- you don't need to be a member of a group to object to them being mistreated. I believe that evidence and reason are the keys to understanding reality; that technology rather than ideology or politics has been the great liberator of humanity; and that in the long run, human intelligence is the most powerful force in the universe.
6 Comments:
"Maybe there are places where things are better."
When I read the title "The Secretary" and your above tag/descrip, I was thinking of a different film from 2002 with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader. It's a popular film in our Alternative Lifestyles circles. (wicked grin & wink)
Professor: I had to look that up -- not really my kind of thing, but chacun à son goût. Given the day, I'd rather look toward empowerment of workers -- and of women.
Well, that was fun. :)
What is that show called? I thought it was called "But can she type?" as that was on screen in the beginning, but when I IMDB'd that, it turns out to be a movie directed by Ron Jeremy and definitely NOT starring the very wholesome Pam Dawber.
Ami: I thought so.
Professor: It's a Twilight Zone episode -- "But Can She Type" is the episode title.
I DuckDuckGoed (DuckDuckWent?) Ron Jeremy, but I really doubt that he directed this. :-)
Thanks. I knew this wasn't anythiung to do with Ron Jeremy, but I couldn't find anything on Pam Dawber's IMDB page.
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home