03 April 2018

Improving words (3)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.....

Artisanal:  I suppose it is, if you paint with shit

Carbuncle:  Your mother's brother who likes the sweet stuff

Copulate:  Officer, I expected you a lot earlier

Democrat:  To rescind one's ridicule of a rodent

Detergent:  To scare away an honorable man

Discuss:  To retract one's profanity

Godspeed:  He's taken a leak for forty days and forty nights

Homophone:  A telephone reserved for gay people (suggested by Shaw Kenawe)

I Ching:  What happens when you use that ancient Chinese gag item, the i ching pao da

Important:  A small insect bought from another country

Investigator:  A capitalist animal related to the crocodile

Leonard:  The most effective place to kick a lion

Napkin:  Relatives you take brief sleeps with

Panama:  To give a mother a negative review

Plaintiff:  A quarrel, but not a fancy one

Prosecute:  An adorable piece of writing

Redolent:  To repeat a Catholic observance

Sinister:  An immoral river comprising the northern border of the eastern Roman Empire

Truculent:  The hauling vehicle I borrowed from you

Previous "improving words" posts here and here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Funny how some words do make little sense, they are named this because....because

03 April, 2018 21:04  
Blogger Donna said...

I just love how your mind works.

04 April, 2018 05:05  
Blogger Ami said...

What's with everything being 'artisanal' or 'artisan'?

EVERYTHING. From the little beady things old ladies (me) hang their glasses around their necks on to bread.

Saw a logo a couple months ago. Through the unfortunate use of smaller and larger font sizes, instead of artisanal cheese, it said Art is Anal Cheese.

Depending on the art, I suppose that's rather apt.

04 April, 2018 05:59  
Blogger Professor Chaos said...

Dang! I had to read most of these at least twice to get them. Once I did, I had to tip my cap to you. Well done.

04 April, 2018 14:43  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Adam: Just doing my part to make them make sense.....

Donna: I cackle with Satanic glee!

Ami: Ads overuse anything that seems trendy. That's why things become clichés so fast. I bet the person who chose those font sizes was a corporate peon who decided to do a little subversion.

Professor: Thanks! There's more where those came from -- see the links at the bottom.

04 April, 2018 18:58  
Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

Sprayed coffee all over the keyboard on Godspeed!

These are so clever and so much fun!

Here're a few contributions:

blog second string fire wood
author a golden Norse god
things slim musical notes
bottom an automated program with a guy's name
Funny The Big Apple

05 April, 2018 12:31  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Heh.....I'll be using some of those.

07 April, 2018 11:05  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home