04 January 2014
As the bitcoin fad fleeces one bunch of suckers after another, more and more similar "cryptocurrencies" are being created to cash in -- litecoin, feathercoin, quarkcoin, etc. One of the most popular is dogecoin, which was actually created as a parody of bitcoin, but which has taken off partly thanks to humorous animated videos like these, featuring its "Shibe" dog logo and its not-quite-grammatical two-word mockeries of bitcointard enthusiasm:

3 Comments:
I heard of the "bitcoin" Infidel, but briefly, some kind of online currency or trade ... (?) I actually still buy stuff offline in stores and stuff, in person ... old school, etc. But Thanx for the video's because I really didnt understand what in Hell they meant, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh ... so it got my imagination going I reckon {: )
If I would have heard the term "crypto- currency" a few year's back ... I probably would have thought ... folk's that rob graves/ crypt's {: )
Not a bad suggestion etymologically -- cryptocurrencies are currencies that will soon be dead and buried.
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home