07 April 2008

The book-123 thing

I don't usually do these, but this one's easy:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

The actual nearest book to me right at this moment is an English-German dictionary and doesn't have sentences, but taking the second-nearest, I get:

"Figure 1 gives a graphical depiction of this cycle. These enzymes would give new powers to our cellular recycling centers, allowing them to process materials that currently go undegraded within us -- not just preventing, but reversing their pathological accumulation. Our brains would be cleared of neurofibrillary tangles; the dying macrophages in our arteries would gain new life, letting them clear out the oxidized LDL toxins and allowing the necrotic vessel tissue to finally heal; the blind would see."

I'm not the tagging kind, though -- if anyone reading this feels inclined to give it a shot, consider yourself tagged.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

I'm not the tagging kind either, but i'll play along...

07 April, 2008 15:06  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

I did this one already and it was fun. It's a good thing I didn't have my Bible right next to me, I might have accidentally evangelized someone. Yikes!

08 April, 2008 08:28  
Blogger tina FCD said...

I have my atheist bible next to me, but I have already did this tag.

10 April, 2008 13:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mac... ro....pha- Well, I get the "blind would see" part, so this must be a good thing. :) Thank you for taking part, Infidel.

16 April, 2008 09:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home