16 January 2023

Videos of the day -- an enticing and ubiquitous toxin

What happens when you eat cheese?  Dr Neal Barnard explains, in terms anyone can understand:

But cheese is notoriously hard to give up -- and here's why:

For more detail on why cheese has addictive properties, here's Mic the Vegan, whom I first posted about a couple of years ago.  Being well aware that many won't like what he has to say, he always cites plenty of supporting evidence in the form of scientific studies and/or data about health effects of different kinds of eating habits around the world.

However difficult it may be, it's well worth it.  In my own case, when I quit eating things like dairy and eggs, I noticed much more health improvement (most notably in the form of decreased joint pains and inflammation) than I had when I stopped eating meat many years previously.  It's rare now that I feel the need to take any ibuprofen, when previously, I was pushing the maximum allowable dose almost every day.  And given the very high fat content of cheese, it probably has many of the same health effects as meat, including (in men) contributing to erectile dysfunction.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

Yep - there is a lot of resistance to this message. But I keep trotting it out there as big a bore as that might be. I just tell folks to try an plant based diet for a month. What can it hurt? There will always be lots of meat and cheese waiting if it doesn't work out. However if they are anything like me, their health outcomes will be so dramatic that they will never go back. It took a week for my plantar fasciitis to disappear completely after three years of suffering and doctors visits. I used to get out of bed in the morning and could barely put my heels on the floor. Now I am running around barefoot like I am 8. I will never eat cheese again.

16 January, 2023 13:50  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Good for you -- giving it a try pays big dividends, but few are willing to do so. I suspect some people are afraid they would see real benefits, and then feel obligated to give up their beloved greasy fatty gloppy "food" (gag). But I continue to post about it from time to time. If I help motivate even one person to try giving up animal foods, it could conceivably actually save a life.

17 January, 2023 09:33  
Blogger SickoRicko said...

I have long considered pizza to be nature's most perfect food! (Said in jest, but halfway seriously.) If I had my way, I'd have it once a week. Unfortunately, Jerry won't allow that. I've tried vegan cheese a couple of times, and in my opinion, it tastes like crap. And, it gave me diarrhea.

17 January, 2023 17:21  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Just consider the reality of what it is, and what it's doing to you. It's not food, it's an addictive poison that's got you hooked. You'd probably be better off eating rat poison.

I've never tried "vegan cheese". Once I figured things out, I had no interest in imitation rat poison.

17 January, 2023 17:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home