06 June 2018

Improving words (5)

Some more revised word definitions, based on what the words visibly should mean.....

Address:  A female garment bearing sales pitches

Artichoke:  A painting so bad I want to strangle it

Attire:  The wrath of the phone company

August:  Golden wind

Average:  Hail anger!

Behemoth:  Be he man, be he insect, be he whatever.....

Bigamy:  Amy doesn't like being called fat

Deliver:  To remove a major abdominal organ

Dementia:  The part of Iowa inhabited by liberal-voting giant tree-like creatures from Lord of the Rings

Exorbitant:  A small insect which used to circle the Earth

Farming:  Distant but merciless

Fragrant:  A tirade about shooting one's own comrades

Glove:  Affection suitable for viewing by children of all ages

Hospice:  A zesty flavor offered by prostitutes

Implode:  A large vein of ore rich in small demonic creatures

Inhabitant:  A small insect dressed as a nun

Pentecost:  Five times as expensive

Precursor:  A person who uses profanity in advance

Produce:  Supportive of Mussolini

Trifling:  A casual romantic affair among three people

Warbling:  Jewelry worn for battle

[The previous "Improving words" post is here.]

6 Comments:

Blogger Les Carpenter said...

A great addition to the list Infidel. Had to really think about a few before the "dawned" on me.

06 June, 2018 14:01  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

Artichoke. lol Love it. I have a painting hanging in my bedroom that I inherited from my mom that my husband hates! So I'm sure he would find this funny.

06 June, 2018 14:05  
Blogger Professor Chaos said...

You are our generation's Ambrose Bierce. I am super impressed with every one of your new definition lists.

06 June, 2018 14:18  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Very clever! "Trifling" is my fave.

06 June, 2018 15:08  
Blogger Donna said...

Fragrant! Precursor! Hospice! Behemoth!
So many favorites!

07 June, 2018 17:10  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks everyone! Glad to know my efforts at improving the language are appreciated.

08 June, 2018 08:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home