31 October 2012

Political link mini-round-up

There is one man who could defeat Romney.

Yes, the status quo is killing people.

Two campaigns, two caps, two labels.

Vote Republican or burn in Hell -- but religious hypocrisy is OK.

Don't be fooled -- a Romney victory would endanger abortion rights.  See posts on Republican rape / abortion weirdness from Echidne of the Snakes, Teresa Hill, and Jason Easley (with a Maddow video).

Christie is doing his job.  Green Eagle sees him as a leading indicator.

Here's why the right wing thinks Romney is winning.

Our modern polarization may be an after-image of the Civil War.  Cultural history may also play a role.

Jack Jodell has a round-up of Romney/Ryan lies for October.

Oliver Willis looks at the attacks on Nate Silver.

Here's an encouraging report on early voting; see also news from North Carolina and pictures from Florida.

Romney's flagrantly-dishonest jeeps-to-China ad is getting blow-back from the media and from Chrysler.

We're on track for record-breaking high Hispanic turn-out.

The People's View thinks an Obama landslide is still possible.

A conservative looks at what happens if Romney loses.

Andrew Sullivan looks at why Gallup and Rasmussen portray the race so differently than other pollsters do, with follow-up here.

Romney used an accounting trick I've never heard of to dodge taxes for 15 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home