05 March 2024

Image round-up for 5 March 2024

More pictures from my collection -- click for full size.

(For the link round-up, click here.)




I want some of whatever this architect was smoking





























Coyamito agate found in Mexico


Locks on the Panama canal


Moszna castle, Poland




Vernazza, Italy




France's TGV, the fastest train in the world (574 KPH is 356 MPH)


Bulgarian traditional clothing


Sumerian "star map" believed to describe the passage of an asteroid which struck Earth in 3123 BC



The ancient Yemeni alphabet known as "Epigraphic South Arabian"


Nazi submarine photographed from American B-24 bomber during World War II























9 Comments:

Blogger Lady M said...

Peckers cutoff - I can't imagine many fellas wanting to live there.

05 March, 2024 09:48  
Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

Trump with a beard and wings on the unicorn is cool.

But the Mexican agate looks like an alien from the planet Plures Oculos. Creepy.

05 March, 2024 09:50  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Lady M: One has suspicions about why their population is not growing.

Shaw: I'm sure that's not meant to be Trump -- I'm pretty strict about keeping anything political out of these image round-ups (that's what the "truths and inspirations" posts are for).

A lot of minerals have weird internal patterns like that -- I think it's impurities or something, though I don't know why they would form circles.

05 March, 2024 17:26  
Blogger Darrell Michaels said...

There are some really beautiful ones this time, Infidel.

I also loved the guy kicking the "dancer" off the train and the concealed rifle storage in the truck side wall.

06 March, 2024 09:16  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks! Beauty is an under-appreciated quality these days.

I've seen some very ingenious methods used for concealing guns. People probably have them hidden all over the place in locations others would never think of.

06 March, 2024 18:31  
Blogger SickoRicko said...

Always a good mix of interesting stuff. The last GIF is from "The Menu", which I watched only a few days ago.

07 March, 2024 11:42  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks! I didn't know that -- in most cases I don't know where these come from, except for the ones I identify with captions (and of course obvious things like The Avengers).

08 March, 2024 03:43  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

I don't think I would want to go on a train that was moving that fast.
Some of those are too funny but that big alligator on the bridge is huge.

08 March, 2024 15:13  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

I suspect even the TGV would stop and turn back rather than face that alligator.

09 March, 2024 01:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home