27 June 2017

Random observations for June 2017

Being rich doesn't usually mean you can do anything you want to do.  It does usually mean you can avoid doing what you don't want to do, which is actually more valuable.

o o o o o

Too much immigration can be worrisome, but the time to really worry will be when nobody wants to immigrate here.

o o o o o

I've almost always done the cautious thing, the proper thing, the unselfish thing.  It has not made me happy.

o o o o o

Most religious people are not the enemy.  Religion is the enemy.  It's an infection that religious people are suffering from.

o o o o o

Put yourself first.  Nobody else will.

o o o o o

Any shouting person is boring.

o o o o o

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" is a quote I've always hated.  The state exists for us; we do not exist for the state.

[For previous random observations, see here.]

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Yes. Right, the fuck on, man!

27 June, 2017 07:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, always i used too check blog posts here in the early hours in the break of day,
because i love to learn more and more.

27 June, 2017 17:44  
Blogger Les Carpenter said...

I'm thinking Trump and his Trumpanzees love the JFK quote cited in this post. I could be wrong of course.

29 June, 2017 11:26  
Blogger Tommykey said...

How come when I burp, I am supposed to say excuse me, but when I sneeze everyone around me is supposed to say something, regardless of whether or not I want them to.

01 July, 2017 08:49  
Blogger Tommykey said...

With the JFK quote. I don't interpret it as us supposed to be doing something for the state that is supposed to serve us, but rather as a call for us to be engaged with and contributing to our communities and society.

01 July, 2017 08:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home