19 January 2016

The music of the sneers

One of the guilty pleasures of the internet age is videos made by repurposing of found imagery set to music, for entertainment and/or mockery.  A good example is this little item I saw on P M Carpenter a few weeks ago.  The first few seconds are the original mishap, the rest is the musical version:


One of the classics of the genre is the Bill O'Reilly dance remix -- I've posted this before, but the number of readers has grown a lot in the last few months, so here it is again for those who haven't seen it.  First, O'Reilly's original meltdown:


And the dance remix version:


Another example is this speedboat crash on a lake in the Ozarks.  I've seen different stories about what happened -- that the boat was in a race or was simply speeding, for example.  In any event it turned out to be unwise:


This footage naturally was irresistible to the remixers:


Evan Muammar Qaddhafi got in on the action -- his speech rallying supporters against the Libyan revolution amounted to little more than standard fascist ranting, but gave rise to this timeless work of art:


Trump recently got the same treatment:


This one was made in response to one of the Republicans' more notorious efforts to twist Obama's words during the 2012 campaign:


Finally, this video imagines what the trailer for 2001: A Space Odyssey would look like if it were being released today.  I see what they were doing, but this is still actually pretty cool:


I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that I haven't come across yet -- and I'm sure we can all think of raw video that needs to undergo this kind of creativity!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ahab said...

:: gasps ::

I'd forgotten all about "Zenga Zenga"! Infidel, you made my morning with that sweet, sweet blast from the past.

"You Didn't Build That" was clever, and you can't beat the FLOTUS' dance moves.

I tried (and failed) to keep from laughing when I watched the boat crash video. On one hand, I felt sorry for the people being thrown around the boat, but it just looked so silly!

May the words "F*** IT! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!" haunt Bill O'Reilly for the rest of his days. With any luck, "bing bing bong bong" will haunt Trump too.

19 January, 2016 06:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always preferred Lil' O'Reilly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbJC2q-OovI

19 January, 2016 13:49  
Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...


I loved them all, but "Bing, bing, bong, bong" was the best.

I hope someone does the Palin endorsement of Trump really soon. That will be one for the ages.

A fashion note on Sistah Sarah: A fringie with the fringe on top.

20 January, 2016 05:56  
Blogger Jono said...

Hilarious!

20 January, 2016 11:04  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Ahab: "Zenga Zenga" shows how art can be made from even the most unpromising materials. As for "You Didn't Build That", some Republicans are so dense that I've seen them post it thinking it was an anti-Obama video.

Anon: Almost as annoying as the real thing.

Shaw: Palin's ever-weirder fashion sense and word-salad recipes make her a natural for the video-satire treatment.

Jono: Aren't they!

22 January, 2016 04:19  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Entertaining no doubt, but when I seen the posting title I was expecting some footage of "The Sneers" band.

22 January, 2016 05:39  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Ranch: I imagine every possible blog post title has been used as the name of a band at some point! They probably came up with that as a play on the phrase "the music of the spheres", same as I did.

23 January, 2016 07:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home