30 July 2024

Truths and inspirations for 30 July 2024

If something's hard to see or read, click to enlarge.

My hope for these posts is that they will provoke thinking, not mere agreement or disagreement.  If I can get you to consider even one idea which you would not previously have entertained, or which would not previously have occurred to you, then I've succeeded in what I'm trying to do.

[For the previous post, click here.  For the link round-up, click here.]






I'm not a fan of the suit-and-tie look, but the other..... ugh.





Well, if you consider the Confederacy a country.....




























Made by Pliny.



From Shaw Kenawe.





















By Voenix Rising (NSFW).








I have seen this exact image posted on both left-wing and right-wing blogs -- which shows that, no, not everybody agrees about whom this would be referring to.












9 Comments:

Anonymous Annie said...

The last one, of the Bidens, made me tear up.

30 July, 2024 09:16  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Me too. His career should have ended on a better note.

30 July, 2024 13:46  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

I tend to stay up late reading alone in my room. It's my time to do what I want. I probably only get 4 hours of sleep each night because Falcor wants to go out at the buttcrack of dawn. lol

I don't know how people went from suit and tie to what the younger generation is wearing these days. Kinda crazy.

I don't believe in ghosts, demons, angels ect. But if there was proof... I would change my mind.

30 July, 2024 14:09  
Anonymous Annie said...

I still think it will. I watched him speak at the LBJ Library, and he seemed more relaxed and free--and funny. He'll be able to govern, which he loves, for six more months. I assume he's busy trying to prevent a wider war in the Middle East at the moment.

30 July, 2024 14:38  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Mary K: I hope your making up that lost sleep with naps or something. Four hours of sleep isn't enough. I tend to average less than six and I can tell it's not good for me.

To some extent the evolution of clothing is just a matter of not wanting to put in as much effort, which is fine, but some of these outfits seem deliberately hideous.

I'd hope my poetry would be proof of the existence of demons.....

Annie: I 'm sure he's feeling freer. Campaigning for re-election, on top of being president, would be a huge workload.

31 July, 2024 05:31  
Anonymous Tim said...

Right on with the branding. I entered a small parking lot recently. It was like a dream: must’ve been a dozen vehicles, different makes, same look and color. At least Elon’s Folly stands out in a crowd.

01 August, 2024 13:15  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Everywhere it seems there are shelves and shelves of products that are essentially the same. It's hard to see the point.

I'll grant that the Cybertruck does have a unique look. Too bad it looks like the result of a dumpster shagging a DeLorean.

02 August, 2024 03:14  
Blogger SickoRicko said...

"Dumpster shagging a DeLorean" made me laugh.

02 August, 2024 10:28  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Heh.....

03 August, 2024 00:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home