18 June 2024

Truths and inspirations for 18 June 2024

If something's hard to see or read, click to enlarge.

My hope for these posts is that they will provoke thinking, not mere agreement or disagreement.  If I can get you to consider even one idea which you would not previously have entertained, or which would not previously have occurred to you, then I've succeeded in what I'm trying to do.

(For the link round-up, click here.)














These days YouTube is basically in a state of open war with its viewers.









France, with each district colored based on which party got the largest number of votes (not necessarily a majority) in the recent European Union Parliament elections.  Dark blue represents Marine Le Pen's Rassemblement National party.  They came in first everywhere in the country except the inner Paris metro area.















The vote for independence in 1991 was overwhelming.





















All who eat of it are complicit in it.




Note the date -- this person posted this eleven years ago.










5 Comments:

Blogger SickoRicko said...

My brother was a person who was happy on Monday. He loved working and even hated three-day weekends. I still miss him.

18 June, 2024 21:03  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

He must have had a very unusual job.

19 June, 2024 04:52  
Blogger Lady M said...

Sorry to hear I am a boring person when I flip off the pro-life protesters in front of Planned Parenthood. It just feels right!

19 June, 2024 07:47  
Blogger Liam Ryan said...

I discovered your blog on nick, hereandnow.

1. I wasn't aware of the youtube ad shenanigans. Youtube is painful nowadays with incessant ads already!

2. I completely agree with the concept of "inclusion" in today's vernacular. It's accompanied by a huge intolerance in the guise of "compassion".

And 3. Love the graduation class of 2024 and the hats :).

19 June, 2024 18:03  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Lady M: Sorry, but I just find that gesture to be overused and overexposed to the point where my only reaction is "(yawn) oh, that again" as well as being part of the general coarsening and increasing grossness and dullness of public life these days. There are better ways of expressing contempt for things.

Liam: Glad you found me! I find YouTube without an ad blocker to be completely unwatchable -- as in, if I didn't have one I actually would not watch it any more. I use uBlock Origin which is free, easy to install, and very effective.

"Inclusion" these days is another one of those "shut up" buzzwords designed to silence objections without needing to address them.

The cartoon with the graduation caps was a perfect expression of what dominates the campuses these days. Every day I'm glad I got out of academia.

20 June, 2024 23:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home