05 February 2024

A note

Two issues have arisen, most inconveniently, at the same time:

First, I am starting a new job today.  It's a temp job, but a full-time one, and likely to last about three months.  As mentioned here, this is an unfortunate necessity.  If this hadn't come along, I would now literally be a month or two away from being at risk of becoming homeless.  As a result, there will be delays (yes, more than usual) in approving and replying to comments, since I'll be away from home most of the day.

Second, my main computer is not working properly.  I will need to find somewhere to get it fixed, and the place I usually take it seems to be out of business.  Also, with a full-time job to deal with, I don't know how soon I'll be able to get it repaired.  I'm typing this on my secondary computer, which I don't normally connect to the internet at all, and which doesn't have easy access to some of the resources I usually use while writing posts.

So, things are likely to be spotty at best this week.

Update:  The main computer seems to be working normally now.  It was definitely glitchy this morning.  I'll just have to see how it goes.

14 Comments:

Blogger Leanna said...

Don't worry too much about your blog. It won't pay the rent. Worry about you. You come first. I learned that the hard way a few weeks back. I've already cut back on everything on blogging. Back to just 3 or 4 days again.

05 February, 2024 08:04  
Blogger Ami said...

Hope the temp job isn't too awful. Sometimes they are, but most of the people I know who work temp stuff have enjoyed it. Sorry for the necessity, though.

05 February, 2024 09:51  
Anonymous Ole Phat Stu said...

All the best with both issues!

05 February, 2024 12:48  
Blogger Lady M said...

Good luck to you and I hope you like your temp job.

05 February, 2024 12:50  
Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

No worries. We'll happily put up with delays knowing you're not going to become homeless!

I may not comment all the time, but I do check in and read almost every day, and it's always a treat.

05 February, 2024 16:12  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the kind words.

The main computer seems to be operating normally now, but it was definitely acting weird this morning. Hopefully as long as I don't turn it off, it will be OK.

Just got back from the temp job and it's not too bad as these things go. At least the trip there is quite short (three miles). The boss is a decent guy. Obviously I'd rather be home goofing off / blogging all the time, but things could be worse.

As usual I have the Tuesday image post almost done already so that will be up at some point. After that things will depend on how well the computer is performing.

05 February, 2024 17:45  
Blogger SickoRicko said...

I'm glad to hear the job ain't that bad and the boss is decent. Like Leanna said: Take care of yourself first.

05 February, 2024 20:17  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks. There have actually been periods of years when I was able to keep the blog going fine even while working full-time. That's more of a problem with the computer being unreliable. There was definitely something wrong this morning. But this evening it's been working OK for nearly four hours at the moment. It's just going to depend on how it continues to perform.

05 February, 2024 21:49  
Blogger seafury said...

Thanks for all the laughs you provide us as well as making us think. Your blog is a treasure hope it and you are around for a long long time.

07 February, 2024 16:25  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thank you! I hope to be around for quite a while yet.

07 February, 2024 18:01  
Blogger Burr Deming said...

So the computer us sort of up, and the temp job is kind of tolerable.

So semi-good news.

Wishing you the best, as always.

09 February, 2024 06:42  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

The computer still seems to be working fine. Bugger if I know what was going on with it on Monday morning. I survived the first week of the job, at least.

10 February, 2024 09:37  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

I hope you at least enjoy the job a little. Hopefully the computer keeps working for a while.

12 February, 2024 14:43  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

The computer's still going fine. I hope last Monday was just an isolated incident.

12 February, 2024 17:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home