Great classic banjo/strings piece and favourite ... that I have on my music/ arts blog list, being done by Roy Clark and Buck Trent live ... originally composed by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith, 1954/ 1955
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism 2. Negativity about Brexit 3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
Individualist, pro-technology, pro-democracy, anti-religion. I speak only for myself and not for any ideology, movement, or party. It has been my great good fortune to live my whole life free of "spirituality" of any kind. I am not Jewish, nor gay, nor (obviously) a woman -- you don't need to be a member of a group to object to them being mistreated. I believe that evidence and reason are the keys to understanding reality; that technology rather than ideology or politics has been the great liberator of humanity; and that in the long run, human intelligence is the most powerful force in the universe.
13 Comments:
Hahaha
Priceless. Was that a car horn? Yeehaw! I have not thought of that movie in a million years. I may have to go watch it again...
XOXO
I have not thought of that movie in a million years. I may have to go watch it again...
Which one -- Close Encounters or Deliverance? :-)
LOL! Gawd, Richard Dreyfus looks so young in that.
That's a hoot - I have always enjoyed both those pieces of music - Close Encounters and the Deliverance Tune.
HAH! Well, that was pretty funny but it won't ruin CLOSE ENCOUNTERS for me. :)
Still blown away by those visual effects though...Doug Trumbull and his team were at the top of their game in this film.
Great classic banjo/strings piece and favourite ... that I have on my music/ arts blog list, being done by Roy Clark and Buck Trent live ... originally composed by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith, 1954/ 1955
ILLEGAL ALIENS!! I suppose they came all this way just to rob and rape humans and why not? Maybe if we build a wall...
I preferred "Arrival" :-)
Debra: I guess it's been a while.
Lady M: They're both good tunes, but with rather different associations.
Marc: But will it ruin Deliverance for you?
Ranch: So -- I guess "Guitar Boogie" Smith was an alien.
Jono: Maybe if we build a wall...
Only if we can get the aliens to pay for it.
Stu: I'd prefer "departure".
Two ways to watch that. Close your eyes, or turn off the sound.
Chacun à son goût.....
I don't know what's more terrifying: a return of the Confederacy or "Hill-Williams" from outer space!
Strange times we live in.....
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home