28 June 2020

Link round-up for 28 June 2020

Various interesting stuff I ran across on the net over the last week.

o o o o o

Beware the Karmadillo.

Regards!

Let me borrow your hat for a moment.

Debra She Who Seeks's virtual pride parade of readers is posted.

"You're fired!"

What about this statue (found via Yellowdog Granny).

Treehouses?

Looks to me like it's working fine.

Leave the windmill alone.

Alien could have been a lot shorter.

Have some more feminized Star Trek characters, plus Luke Skywalker.

You are what you eat.

This is art in motion.

He's a master strategist.

Maybe there can be a compromise on statues.

"Devin Nunes remains winless in the World Cow-Suing Federation....."

Women prefer men without cats.

It's President Toilet.

Why no catch fish?

They move among us.

What godawful shoes.

That's a lot of water (found via Calvin).

Defunding the police could lead to rising crime (found via Fair and Unbalanced).

Please vote for Trump (found via Progressive Eruptions).

Have some Texas scenery.

Pandemic-emptied roads raise the temptation of speed.

"A mask is not a political statement....."

Sometimes, doing the right thing pays off.

The reality doesn't match the fantasy (found via Yellowdog Granny).

Things are starting to go sour for Zuckerberg -- and Trump.

Being non-religious reduces your odds of catching covid-19 (probably because we don't go to church).  Hard-core religion is bad for your health.

My imaginary friend is gonna get you for this!

Here's the real reason behind the Trumpanzees' loyalty.

QAnon qrackpots are becoming fake warriors.

It's insane that this idiot is a teacher (found via Miss Cellanea).

Trump has his own view of the numbers (found via Hackwhackers).

Anger deserves more than clichés.

"Cancel culture" is mob rule suppressing free expression.

Statues are not how we learn history (found via Yellowdog Granny).

Professor Taboo looks at non-monogamous love.

Darwinfish 2 has observations on Confederate statues, Tulsa, and police violence.

Green Eagle is back with another round-up of right-wing insanity, much of it anti-Semitic.

Pinku-Sensei assesses climate change in Michigan.

Bruce Gerencser debunks the slippery-slope fallacy.

Reminder:  The Postal Service is still under attack.

Trump is the very opposite of leadership.

Working in a nursing home, always a tough job, gets even tougher in the time of covid-19.

If you can't remove the statue, improve it.

Yes, they are really this stupid.

The vitriol and idiocy of the attacks on JK Rowling show that the goal is enforcing conformity via bullying.  It's about erasing the concept of femaleness.  Here's some good discussion among bloggers.

These trend lines portend disaster.

Pelosi removes the portraits of traitors; Republicans want them back.

It's not just churches -- the evangelical population as a whole is helping spread the pandemic.

Women being more educated than their husbands is scary to fundies.

From about 3:25 -- this is what we're up against.

Idiot vandals destroy a statue of an abolitionist who died fighting slavery.

Here's why the economic situation is such a mess.

Catch this monster.

If you want freedom for yourself, respect it for others.

Vandals attacked a statue of Gandhi in front of the Indian embassy to the US.

Nurses and former patients describe severe cases of covid-19It is not like the flu.  This thing is a horror.

The US is finally confronting the truth about the Confederacy.

CHAZ/CHOP/whatever is a violent enclave of armed thugs and bullies.  The mayor and governor need to go to prison for failing to protect the residents from this.

A pastor reminds us about the blessing of slavery.

Texas and Florida start to reverse their ill-considered re-openings.  But Florida is still trying to hide the problem.

The world is watching Trump's -- and America's -- failure.  The pandemic's worst-case scenarios are back on the table.

Remember the horrifying case of George Stinney Jr.

The Confederacy was a highly-centralized state with theocratic elements and, yes, explicitly based on preserving slavery forever.

This animated graph dramatizes the "race" between covid-19 and other causes of death.

Around the world, religion is the main driver of resistance to polio vaccination.

A town north of the Arctic Circle just hit over 100°F.

In general, Americans wash too much.

The results of the 1976 experiment seeking life on Mars deserve further investigation.

Our solar system is not normal.

Record numbers of people are resigning church membership in Germany.

Latvia, nation of introverts.

Resistance is on the rise in Belarus.

The majority of people in Jacksonville don't want the Republican convention.

A RedState diarist is despondent about the election.

The Trump gang is reeling from the Tulsa fiascoGreen Eagle and Hackwhackers assess the mess.  I'll give the last word to Stormy Daniels.

No, voting by mail is not easily hackable.

A Biden landslide looks possible -- but don't let the polls make you overconfident.

Never forget that the Republican party is a shabby and corrupt cult, and the NeverTrumpers, while useful at the moment, are not allies.

More links here.

[1,256 days down, 206 to go until the inauguration of a real president.  Yes, we've survived 1,256 days of this shit.  Hang in there!]

17 Comments:

Blogger Hot guys said...

Hanging in there, alright! 😏 There's so many virtual events goin' around at this moment, that's the only way to communicate in most of the world. 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully, not for much longer!

Gonna bookmark the page so I can come back again and check the rest of the links you collected. 🙂 Thanks for sharing them all! 👏🏻

28 June, 2020 04:06  
Anonymous Tengrain said...

The CHAZ/CHOP post is fundamentally wrong. The blogger got it wrong even from the simplest verifiable research: it’s not in downtown Seattle. Capitol Hill is at least a 40-minute walk (uphill) from downtown. I live less than a 10-minute walk from CHAZ. I’ve made a point to know what’s going on: it’s in my 'hood.

If anyone is interested in learning more from the locals and not from the NYTimes, <a href="https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2020/06/some-occupiers-make-a-stand-others-prepare-for-exit-from-chop-as-city-moves-in-to-clear-parts-of-capitol-hill-protest-zone/“>the Seattle Capitol Hill blog</a> is on the spot.

Rgds,

Tengrain

28 June, 2020 07:29  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Just a few thought while going through these, before I forget, or get interrupted. Pretty weird how folks are dealing with this mask thing, the "I don't give a shit" attitude, and disreagrd is too dangerous. I seen on the news this morning about some small indie companies who will make you a mask with your covered part of the face photographed on it, so folks can see your face or whatever. I myself took masks I have, I have a few black masks, I modified for extra security, by adding a material that cuts out 90% more or so of bacterias or whatever (I did take a COVID test about a week back, I was negative). I don't mind wearing them, I usually wear dark small sporting styled sunglasses if it's sunny, so you can't even see my eyes. They call it "freedom" and "constitutional", heh, heh, heh, heh, heh ... I don't know {:-) I called maintenance couple months back, to come to my apartment to fix something, 2 dudes come to the door, I sent them back out to get a mask to wear before they came in, they probably didn't like it ... but I have to do it, plain and simple. A friend of my daughter was having some small chat with me, she is a psychologist, and told me she don't like it because it's bad for children as far as social interaction skills, showing emotions, smiling, and such, which I never thought of, she recommends clear type masks, especially for young kids, in school, as part of learning and social interaction. I never even thought or realized that, but she was interesting listening too.

As far as Trump and leadership ... heh, heh, heh, heh {:-) ... this guy's a f*cken disaster, almost unbelievable ... how the f*ck did he get so rich?? heh, heh, heh, heh, heh {:-) ... perhaps his niece will expalin that in her upcoming book, the book that Trump and his son's are taking to court to try to have it stopped from being published {:-)

Crazy Eddie piece on speeding was a good read, didn't realize the speeding got that bad .... 100mph in Long Island?, heh, heh, heh, heh {:-) I was on LBJ Frwy in Mesquite a few weeks ago or longer. This kid zips by me on a sport bike, and weaving in and out of lanes and cars, I was doing 80mph in a 70, so he had to at least be doing 100. Here comes a Mesquite cop on his tail, to pull him over, the biker makes a fast lane change, lost control and wrecked bad ... instant death. Kid wasn't even wearing a helmut, only a tee shirt and shorts (Texas I belive has only helmut laws for riders under 21). I don't usually drive more than about 90mph (unless, it's a special area where I can, and a vehicle built for it ... like that 2013 Camaro I have on my blog in picture, and I only took that to about 120). I'm a pretty good driver though ... you would know that, having been with me, where I drove hundreds of miles, showing you around Texas when you came here ... I believe we actually drove around 1500 miles or so, just in the eastern 3rd of Texas, if I recall. You seen me driving you at 90mph, and know I'm a good driver.

28 June, 2020 07:40  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Another thing, I hope they do the vote by mail thing, not sure how's it going, I heard that Texas (of course GOP) is trying to stop it or whatever. I usually vote like clockwork, but don't feel so comfortable doing it, if we have this COVID strong, which has been growing here in Texas. Last time I spent about an hour and a half in line here in North Dallas, which I don't really mind ... but if the weather is lousy like rain, winds, and chilly or similar. With lines like that and this COVID still strong, I won't feel easy about doing it. I myself never voted by mail, so I'll have to check how to do it, I know my wife has ... but I alwayz liked the experience of going to the polls in person.

28 June, 2020 07:49  
Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Karmadillo, LOL! And oh, that Trump sandwich!

Women prefer men without cats? Au contraire. I prefer cats without men.

And thanks for your shout-out to my Virtual Pride Parade!

28 June, 2020 09:25  
Anonymous nonnie9999 said...

Hi Infidel!

I hope you and all your readers are well and safe.

Karmadillo!!! Too funny!

Saturday jokes were exceptional.

The hat looked cute on the elephant.

Loved the virtual pride parade. We could use a few more rainbows in these gloomy times.

The "You're fired!" joke reminded me of my neighbor. He is from Colombia. He became an American citizen (I've never seen anyone as happy to be an American as he is) and threw a party. At the party he said to me, "Before this, I was a Colombian who speaks very bad English, and now I am an American who is bilingual!"

I see someone found where the Keebler factory employees go after work.

I love domino runs, and that one was amazing!

We don't need to put up new statues of Twitler. Just throw some white robes and hoods on the existing ones.

Devin Nunes is such a loser. I can't understand how he isn't embarrassed. What will it take? The same goes for almost all of the Rethuglicans.

OMG!!!! The toilet!! I had to retweet that.

A frozen pond with a fish—cat video game! Catari?

That woman with the Jesus shoes must wear them for CrossFit training.

The dog is staring at me, and I'm hungry, too, so back later for more.

28 June, 2020 15:38  
Blogger dellgirl said...

These links are great, something for everyone. I loved Debra She Who Seeks's virtual pride parade of readers. Thank you for the link tour, I enjoyed it. I learned a few things along the way.

Wishing you all the best, my friend! Take care and Stay Safe!

28 June, 2020 19:06  
Blogger Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thanks for the linky love! It means a lot.

28 June, 2020 23:30  
Blogger Sixpence Notthewiser said...

So, so, much here.
As always, I've spent too much time clicking away. Worth every second, though.

XOXO

29 June, 2020 03:30  
Blogger Martha said...

"Women prefer men without cats." Not for this woman! I married a man who loves cats. Wouldn't have it any other way :)

29 June, 2020 08:24  
Blogger Tommykey said...

Yeah, but the alien's acid blood would have killed the cat and eaten through the hull of the Nostromo! :-)

29 June, 2020 18:14  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Hot Guys: Every day brings us a bit closer to getting this bozo out.....

Tengrain: Well, we'll see when the crap is cleared away and residents in the area are free to tell their experiences. I've seen stories here and there of homes being looted. And I reiterate, the mayor and governor should go to prison for allowing this to happen. There is no excuse for the government to withdraw protection from some of its citizens and consign them and their homes to mob rule. None.

Ranch: Masks have turned into a culture-war thing for the wingnuts. They think wearing one shows you're a libtard or submitting to tyranny or something -- and of course Trump refusing to wear one exacerbates this.

They even have partly-transparent masks now so people can see your expressions better.

Yes, I remember, and I was never worried -- I figure in Texas 90 mph is hardly considered speeding.....

The Republicans are desperate to discourage people from voting. They'll do almost anything to stop us. It shows how important voting is, and how powerful it is.

Debra: Thanks for doing the parade! The Trump sandwich was almost as gross as he is.

30 June, 2020 01:54  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Nonnie: That elephant was being a bit of a character. They obviously have real personalities, and maybe even a sense of humor.

It's funny how little respect people have for a foreigner who speaks English imperfectly, yet an American who can speak anything at all of a foreign language is regarded as some sort of genius.

Just think of the amount of work involved in setting up that domino thing. And you couldn't afford to accidentally knock over even one of them while doing it.

Nunes is like Trump constantly throwing a fit on Twitter when somebody's rude to him. These guys are so pompous and thin-skinned, they have no idea how ridiculous they look.

The Jesus shoes were awful on so many levels.

Dellgirl: Thanks, and be careful -- the virus is getting bad in Houston right now.

BBBB: Thanks for the post!

Sixpence: Glad to provide some diversion in these times.

Martha: I suspected there would be some dissenters on that.

Tommykey: Drat. Well, it was a nice idea.

30 June, 2020 02:04  
Blogger Lady M said...

Women ages 18-24 for that cat experiment? I bet they would have had different results with older gals - just saying that I think we are more accepting of men with cats.

30 June, 2020 10:39  
Blogger Lady M said...

That Trump toilet is a hoot!

30 June, 2020 10:40  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

yellowdog granny in Texas who is hunkered down in her recliner after a marathon 5 day cleaning spree(what can I tell you ..I tend to let things go and then kill myself cleaning) and self isolating wishes a big old thank you sugar for the links..you rock..

30 June, 2020 11:09  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Lady M: That makes sense (about the age difference).

JackieSue: Thanks for the post!

02 July, 2020 05:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home