09 December 2018

Link round-up for 9 December 2018

Various interesting stuff I ran across on the net over the last week.

o o o o o

How the hell does this "free sample" offer work?

Exercise is healthy, but don't overdo it.

Geraldo gets pwned.

There really is a war on Christmas.

Tariff Man is a superhero like no other.

This is why palm trees don't make good Christmas trees (found via Politics Plus).  But the college set gets creative.

Read a discussion on dragon evolution.

Here's how to understand Canadian temperatures.

That's a lot of data.

Enjoy some Christmas cartoons.  Then get the most evolved Christmas ornament ever.

Don't be this person.

Thanks goodness they were wrong about how people in the future would dress (found via Calvin).

This cat looks kind of startled (NSFW).

If Trump really wanted Hillary locked up.....

I pity the person who's marrying this lunatic.

What can we do to stop living in fear?

This looks kind of cool.

He's not even a good muppet.

Laura Loomer becomes tiresome.

What you see depends on who you are.

The best kind of sacrilege is the amusing kind.  Or the kind that freaks out the enemy.

We may need help to bring democracy to North Carolina (found via Fair and Unbalanced).

Trump seems a bit agitated lately, plus seals who snort eels, and other news.

There's only one conservative-approved route to success.

Your vacuum cleaner may be spying on you (found via Juanita Jean).

Twitter is banning "incorrect" thought.

There's a lot of truth in this, if you think about it.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" isn't what you think; most radio listeners agree.

These fish are too big.

The Salvation Army is even worse than you thought.

Ross Douthat yearns for the rule of rich, Christian white males (isn't that basically the point of the Republican party anyway?)

I'm against laws banning hate speech, but in extreme cases maybe it should have warning labels.

Bluzdude debunks some superficially-plausible bullshit, and finds one nugget of solid truth.

If you're tired of all the stupidity, click here to listen to a smart guy for 20 minutes.

This is what happens when you treat all cultures as equal.

Professor Taboo looks at the holidays and (American) football.

The "real Americans" are us, not them.

It is necessary to debate uncomfortable questions.

Republicans may use the 25th Amendment to dodge responsibility for Trump.

Neil deGrasse Tyson responds to accusations of sexual impropriety (found via Fair and Unbalanced).

Don't expect me to believe in your religion when you can't even agree among yourselves about what it is.

Here is the kind of utter drivel the QAnon qrackpots think is meaningful.

Williams College displays cowardice on free expression.

Aww, how sad, nobody loves a hater.

This map of US life expectancy should surprise no one.

Sorry, Trump can't revive coal.

The lead author of the National Climate Assessment responds to wingnut morons claiming scientists are in it for the money.  Here's a discussion on the mentality behind denialism.  Global warming is becoming a "medical emergency".

Twitter enforces Pakistani censorship laws -- in Canada.

Denmark finds a bad place for bad people.

Disapprove of your neighbor's religion?  There's an app for that.

Ebola has spread to a major city, increasing the danger.

Yes, it was a blue tsunami, with the biggest Democratic House gain since 1974.  Respect the will of the voters.

The Pose Initiative will target anti-gay politicians.

Republicans' electoral strategy is simply thievery.

Betsy DeVos hasn't gotten much done.

Shower Cap reviews a hectic political week.

"There’s an expression about people in glass houses....."

Trump is cornered.  But he's leaving a godawful mess to clean up after he's gone.

[Image at top found via Calvin]

5 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Palm trees as Christmas trees....hahahaha! I didn't expect that :)

Fun and interesting round-up, as always!

09 December, 2018 11:24  
Anonymous nonnie9999 said...

Hi Infidel!

I was busy all weekend and didn't have a chance to check out the links until this afternoon.

I think Geraldo should be put in a sealed vault to be opened by a faux journalist 50 years from now to see if the mustache survived.

I live in South Floriduhhhh, and I can attest to the fact that people need to be careful when decorating palm trees (nobody is!). My son and his friends celebrate Princemas every year. There is a purple tree and Prince ornaments that is relocated to a different house each year. It's quite inspiring!

I'm thinking of relocating further north, but looking at the Canadian temperature conversion, I am beginning to wonder if I would survive it.

I sort of like the fashion of the future, especially the helmet. No more flat-ironing my hair or worrying about frizz.

What's with people and weddings? A thousand bucks for an outfit? I dread what she has in mind for the gender reveal of her first child.

If Superman had been born evil, he would have been Tariff Man (thanks for the link to The Raisin! :D )! That movie looks too scary for me. Besides, I can't reconcile the equivalent of Pa Kent being Roy from The Office.

Why does anyone pay attention to Laura Loomer. If people would ignore her, she would just be screaming into the wind. Same for a lot of the other asswipes out there who do nothing but motivate knee-jerk reactions to tweets.

Love the updated manger scene. By the way, I know you can get all kinds of gold jewelry, but I checked, and Frankincense-and-Myrrh 100%-Natural-Incense-Sticks are also available on Amazon. Next year, maybe Mary and Joseph can have a tiny house instead of a manger.

As I mentioned before, I am thinking about relocating, and North Carolina is at the top of my list. I wouldn't mind tilting the scale toward blue a bit more.

Yet another reason not to vacuum. Yay!!!

"Baby, It's Cold Outside" is one of my favorite songs of all time, and a pox on anyone who tries to disparage it.

It would be sweet irony if Ross Douchehat was swarmed by angry wasps.

I think we should have a Punch-a-Nazi Day. Who's with me?

10 December, 2018 13:29  
Blogger W. Hackwhacker said...

Thanks once again for the links, and for your yeoman's work in rounding up these items. I don't know of anyone else that puts up as extensive as this every week, so kudos to you.

10 December, 2018 15:42  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Martha: I bet the decorators didn't expect it either :-)

Nonnie: I'm afraid the mustache might well survive, if it's the same species as John Bolton's.

North Carolina is a lot warmer than Canada. On the other hand, the colder it is, the fewer bugs there are.

The idea that that wedding lunatic might reproduce is a bit scary.

Ignoring Laura Loomer is pretty much what Twitter did when she handcuffed herself to their front door. They refused to press charges and said she was welcome to stay stuck there as long as she liked. She couldn't even get arrested. Way to deflate an attention hound.....

Hackwhacker: Thanks! And keep on hackwhacking!

11 December, 2018 03:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Colorado! I'm boгed at work so I decided tօ
cһeck out your blog on my iphone ⅾuring lunch
break. I love the info you present here and ⅽan't
wait to take a lok when I get home. I'm shocked
at how fast youг blⲟg loaded on my mobile .. I'm not
even using ᏔIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, gooɗ blog!

30 March, 2019 13:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home