25 March 2017

Winners sometimes quit, quitters sometimes win

As adumbrated here, yesterday was my last day at my current (well, until-recently-current) job.  A few days previously a co-worker mentioned that she too was planning to leave, due to anger at behavior and attitude of the management.  And she's a long-timer there.  If she's that unhappy with the situation, my guess is others are unhappy too.  They may be in for a rocky time.

Oddly enough, in the two weeks since I gave notice, the immediate managers showed no curiosity at all about why I was leaving.  Surely such information would be useful?  On the other hand, the person from HR who conducted my exit interview yesterday (who looked exactly like Taylor Swift, I swear to Satan) asked plenty about it and took a lot of notes, so maybe the company will learn something after all.

I did report my concerns about all the coughing around the workplace to one of the managers and she said they'll look into it.  What the outcome of that will be, I guess I'll never know.

8 Comments:

Blogger One Fly said...

May this ride be enjoyable. Good for you!

25 March, 2017 11:34  
Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...


Good fortune on your next adventure. And Bravo! for your gutsy move.

26 March, 2017 04:21  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

Well, when you been at a place for awhile, and you know your job well, I think it's fair just to give notice, and the least disruption (that's just me though) ... it's good for reference and resume too. Odd they werent curious why you were leaving? ... but then again, I worked myself mostly for smaller companies (besides the insurance company I spent 6/7 years at. You said once you were union too, maybe they cant ask you by law or something(?) Hope you done alright finding a new position, you said jobs were doing fairly well in PDX. I was reading some news awhile back about too many folks are discouraged with their jobs actually ...but the way I alwayz seen it guy ... no matter where you work, there is alwayz at least a little something you dont like.

26 March, 2017 05:36  
Blogger Ranch Chimp said...

One last thing for me to say here Infidel .... "REPEAL & REPLACE"!! ... I figured they werent going to get that healthcare deal through, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh ... what needs to be repealed and replaced is congress! {:-)

26 March, 2017 05:41  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks for all the encouragement!

26 March, 2017 08:15  
Blogger Les Carpenter said...

Good luck! Or should I say break a leg?

26 March, 2017 20:11  
Blogger LadyAtheist said...

Good for you! If they show no concern for why you're leaving, that's just more justification for believing it's a toxic environment.

I hope something comes of the exit interview. Employee turnover is expensive & brings down the organization. If they don't care about employee engagement they should at least care about that.

I hope your next job is better for you.

27 March, 2017 05:09  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Rational: All depends whose leg it is.

Lady: When I started there, they were going through a lot of turnover, and a lot of people were unhappy. My impression is that they cleaned up their act and it lasted a couple of years, but now things are deteriorating again.

27 March, 2017 05:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home