26 June 2012

Ode to orthography

Will the gods rein in this reign of rain?
Only if we write the right rite.
Flee, flea! Bye-bye! Buy by the sea you see;
The oarsman rows where the rows of rose rose.

At Yule you'll know no doubt
That you're your own hero of yore.
Hoard what the horde whored out
And we'll wheel out a way to weigh the whey.

So sew a veil for this vale of tears;
If no new gnu knew, wood would steal steel.
Let Hugh hew to his coarse course;
Let the foul fowl sip from the vile vial.

Don the bridal bridle, for four is two too many, to many.
Send a male to mail lyres to liars;
When they're there, their mite might tell
Which witch I eye, for its nose knows.

Was Abel able to cane Cain?
Test his mettle with metal, pluck a mote from the moat?
Should you bow to a yew bough, or a beach beech,
Pay a fair fare for the fairy ferry, as the gays gaze?

Let a dodo give a doe dough and not knot it up,
And she'll counsel the council to tax tacks.
On the isle I'll seek a Sikh, and cite this site on sight;
At least I leased it from a lesser lessor!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

Great interview and poem. Reminds me of one of my favorites:

"Of all the saws I ever saw saw
I never saw a saw saw as this saw saws."

27 June, 2012 05:56  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks! That sounds like an old saw, Shaw.....:-)

27 June, 2012 07:10  
Blogger Daal said...

my mind is spinning! & you've taught me the thorough meaning of orthography lolol

10 December, 2021 12:11  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

English has a lot more homonyms than most people realize. I could easily have gone on for quite a few more verses.

12 December, 2021 13:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home