06 May 2011

Video of the week -- getting better


To gay teenagers who are bullied, targeted by bigots, rejected by family, even driven to suicide, Dan Savage's It Gets Better project has a message of hope: happier days are coming.

The struggle against the monstrous cruelty of "traditional values" has been long and hard, but we are winning.

(More on the ad here.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Shaw Kenawe said...

Dan Savage has done young people a great favor by his wonderful YouTube videos. Bless him. [Meant in a nonreligious way.]

I'm so glad he's out there telling our young gay children to have courage and to know that there are so many people who cherish and support them.

06 May, 2011 16:54  
Blogger Nance said...

The billboard duo is priceless!

Re: Geronimo. That may have been the code name for OBL, but it is often used in standard American parlance to mean something like "Bingo!" or "Eureka!" or "Voila`!"an exclamation of completion or success. We used it that way as children playing games of search and discovery.

Should we have done so? We did.

07 May, 2011 17:29  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home