Rapture round-up
Camping disappears, and some of his followers turn violent.
Lady Atheist largely shares my sentiments toward the deluded.
Camping, like so many of his ilk, is a gay-hater.
News Radio has a report from the big day.
The dud doomsday holds a valuable lesson.
For some believers, disappointment fails to quench loyalty.
The atheist-bashing crap never stops.
The end was averted by our new savior.
Finally, Rapture can be fun! (Thanks to Dead Logic for reminder.)

3 Comments:
They probably won't, but I wish the media would turn this into a teaching time about these kind of beliefs. It does not matter one whit that these people stood on a mountain to wait for the Rapture but it matters a LOT that they vote! That is why this should be a teaching moment but it likely won't be.
While i feel that the deluded followers bear some responsibility for their poor decisions, I still want to see Harold Camping and his corporation shoulder some of the financial burden of getting these people back on their feet. I will guarantee you that Camping didn't drain his bank account or sell his home, that he is still living a life of comfort with all his financial needs met.
If he was a decent person, he would arrange for a grant program, where his devastated followers could apply for reimbursement of their losses. *If* -- but I seriously doubt that will happen.
And yes, I realize that people stupid enough to believe Camping in spite of his previous failed predictions do deserve at least some of the hardship they brought upon themselves. But I don't blame them anymore than I blame the victims of con artists who fall for transparent schemes that appeal to the mark's greed -- the perpetrator of the con is still held legally responsible no matter how willing the victim.
Rain: Unfortunately the media tend to go with the flow. What I'm seeing now in the MSM is a Sargasso of cookie-cutter articles saying "it's time for sympathy, not derision" -- the default herd position is to criticize anyone who's mean to the poor idiots, not that I've found any examples of that on the MSM.
GL: It's hard to see what the legal case against Camping would be. He didn't do anything fraudulent, except in claiming absolute certainty about something no human could possibly know -- just as all religions do. Where Camping differed from most religious leaders was that he made a falsifiable prediction. Most of them avoid that.
I suppose he might try to help people out voluntarily. We'll see. I tend to doubt it.
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home