20 August 2008

Singin' in the rain

Rain and cool weather in the middle of August -- what could be more glorious? And right after the most nightmarish weekend of the year, when highs reached at least 100 Friday and Saturday. I was not here, having fled for cooler climes (and highly convivial company), but I heard all about it when I got back. Yesterday and today, though, it feels as if autumn is already here. Now, if it just stays like this for another month or so.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Prash said...

You have a cool rain...me, in Hong Kong...we are not really looking forward for a Typhoon approaching us from Philippines. Today it is Alert 1 and it will Alert 3 and people say that it could be Alert 8 tomorrow (Alert 8 in Hong Kong = everybody stays back home and nothing works).

All my colleagues and friends are not happy not because of an Alert 8 but because typhoon wants to hug us on a weekend ;-) ah these people !~

20 August, 2008 23:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest I also like a little rain once in a while...but, not a whole month of it!

21 August, 2008 15:56  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Oh, I'm sure I'd get sick of it sooner or later myself -- but after a bad summer I usually feel like I won't be happy until it's rained so long that the local Christians start nervously looking over their ark blueprints.....:-)

22 August, 2008 05:45  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home