17 December 2007

No more temping!

Today I accepted an offer of a permanent job. This return to a stable source of income means that the gamble I took earlier this year has paid off. Despite subsisting on temp work for several months, I didn't have to give up my long-planned trip. The new job pays slightly less than the old one, but still significantly more than the minimum I need to make ends meet, and overall the work situation is better. As risky as it might have seemed at the time, I'm very glad I made the move I did.

A leap into the unknown can be daunting to contemplate, but if you are unhappy with what you have, take a chance. Very likely there is something better out there for you.

8 Comments:

Blogger John Evo said...

Infidel, allow me to be the first of your readers to say "congratulations"! Good for you. I hope the new situation works out well. And I hope it doesn't mean you'll be too busy to blog. If so - QUIT! :)

17 December, 2007 22:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm glad you're pleased with the job and hope it all works out well for you.

18 December, 2007 08:43  
Blogger mendip said...

That's great news - Congrats! Hope it works out well for you!

18 December, 2007 14:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw this awesome post last night, then my connection was lost before I could post. So this has been bottled up for a while, plug yer ears halfway... Yayyyyyyessss!!!

Yep, anything you want to do, you can. Congratulations!! Infidel, I wish you contentment and always something to keep your interest at your new job.

Those last words can be hard to live by, but they are wise, and I'm glad the chance you took turned into this.

18 December, 2007 20:55  
Blogger Rita said...

A leap into the unknown can be daunting to contemplate, but if you are unhappy with what you have, take a chance.

I'm taking my own leap into the abyss at the moment. Thanks for the encouragement.

I can't wait to get to that place where i can look back & congratulate myself.

18 December, 2007 21:15  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks for all the kind words! Handmaiden, I hope whatever you're embarking on works out equally well.

19 December, 2007 02:59  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job! :)

19 December, 2007 04:46  
Blogger tina FCD said...

Ditto!

19 December, 2007 08:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home