24 April 2007

The plausibility of SENS

One of the major hurdles to be overcome in getting people to understand the potential of anti-aging research is the immediate intuitive reaction that such a goal is simply too radical to take seriously. This posting by Leonid Gavrilov assembles some links showing that the concept is indeed taken seriously by many people who are in a position to know what they're talking about. (Link originally posted as a comment here, but it deserves to be up here where it's more prominent.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!
Here is a related supporting reference, which may be interesting to you:
Longevity Science: 54 Scientists' Open Letter on Aging Research
http://longevity-science.blogspot.com/2006/04/54-scientists-open-letter-on-aging.html

24 April, 2007 17:34  

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.

<< Home