Evolution and creationism
Found via Atheist Girl, who is back with new postings after a couple of months of the site being inactive.
Here's a short video displaying actual skulls ranging from 6,500,000 years ago (roughly when our ancestors split off from those of chimpanzees) to the present, showing that there is no "missing link" or sudden discontinuity in the progression from a chimpanzee-like form to the modern human.
Found via Atheist Jew, who also has an essay arguing that the internet will accelerate the collapse of the creationist case by drawing out its advocates into situations where its fallacies will be exposed. He emphasizes the target audience of "lurkers" -- undecided people who don't participate in the debate but just wait to see which side can make a better case -- as I also do below.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:
1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service
I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.
No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.
Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.
From now until the finalization of the election results, no comments claiming the Republicans (or Democrats) will or can "steal" the election. It's pointless to engage with such stuff, and it promotes defeatism, which makes people less likely to vote or otherwise be politically active.
<< Home