Pages

25 August 2026

Image round-up for 25 August 2026

More pictures from my collection -- to see any image at full size, right-click and open the link in a new tab.

[For the link round-up, click here.  For the Danish bus video, click here.]



























A rural wall in the Lake District, Cumbria, England



Naples, Italy


Tollymore Forest Park, Northern Ireland, UK (thanks to Leanna for the identification)


England




A hurricane seen from space


Nancy, France


The Jersey Shore


HR Giger and Debbie Harry in 1981


The Golden Bridge, Da Nang, Vietnam



Genoa, Italy


Triton, the largest moon of Neptune










20 comments:

  1. Great collection of memes, though my favorite is "Did we run out of colors?". Drives me crazy; on an auto forum I follow, how excited people get over a new shade of... gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will simply note in passing that I am seeing some very colourful cars lately. I speak of the lime green ones. So odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently (in the UK at least) the overwhelming desire for monochrome cars is because the tend to have higher resale values.

    NickM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had that thought about vehicles many times recently. Such boring colors. Is that gorgeous sunset for real? Dang. Lately the sunsets here have been so bland. That bridge in Vietnam ~ wow! 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahahahahaha. I love your sense of humor. My favorite was the guy and the horse. I spewed my coffee.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim in Cape Fear25 August, 2026 07:57

    O that’s just great now the Reflecting Pool got Monkeys in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rade/Anvil: Just had to go out this morning and I paid attention to cars. There are a few with real colors, mostly red or dark blue, but there are very few of those. Probably 95% of cars are dull indefinite shades of grey or occasionally brown.

    NickM: I suppose that's possible, but most people who buy a car expect to keep it for many years. It's hard to predict what used-car buyers' preferences will be a decade in the future.

    Paula: The sky photo is real as far as I know. The bridge definitely is. Interesting design concept.

    Sandee: That guy's lucky to be alive, considering how hard horses can kick.

    Tim: They can only be an improvement at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost got stuck at that Gone-as-God image. I just posted a piece on my PM acquiring divine status.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of good ones! I loved Fart Food, all of the puppies, and the big red dot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tomichan: Hard to believe nobody noticed that error before they had those printed up.

    Ricko: Also hard to believe no one realized what the "art food" sign looked like until it was too late.

    That big red dot looks very ominous to me somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hurricane seen from space is remarkable. The Vietnamese bridge is clever but rather repellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm curious that you find it repellent. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Castle gate after the Naples Italy picture is of Tollymore Forest Park in Ireland near Newcastle. The area was used in Game of Thrones. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurricanes from space look so ominous.
    Isn't it strange how back in the 70's cars were so many bright colors and now every car you see is either white, black or some blue. It's so weird.

    The bridge in Vietnam with the hands is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leanna: thanks for the info. I looked up that park and there's a lot of interesting architecture there.

    Mary: A lot of things seem to have gotten more drab-looking. Maybe it reflects the increasingly straitened and austere times.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How have I never seen a photo of the Golden Bridge before?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is black jumpsuit lady Diana Rigg?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bijoux: I never had either, until I found that one.

    Ami: Yes, that's her!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’m pretty good with my Aero-engines, I’m drawing a blank with the one with the guy in white coveralls. Something British though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're ahead of me. I wasn't even sure that was an engine.

    ReplyDelete

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning -- I reject all comments containing any of the following:

1. Support for transgenderism
2. Negativity about Brexit
3. Support for a military draft or compulsory national service

I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent. And obviously I'm going to delete anything which is just quoting what an "AI" said. I want to hear from you, not from the always-wrong hallucination machine.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.