30 July 2026

Meditation #20 -- a number to the sky

Though many years have passed, I still remember
The day you came, no troll could desecrate
The time we had, the light, the long aliveness
The end, when my despair and weakness sealed our fate

They say you had no soul to go to Heaven
You are perhaps a number to the sky
They say God tracks the fall of every sparrow
Yet even he ignored you at your last goodbye

But I've no need for God when you existed
A better dream aglow with my design
No beasts, no broken promises, no poison
Your mind and sight were always clear, for they were mine

No grave, no marker bears your name in this world
You are perhaps unknown but to the sky
But though you had no soul as men define it
Still in my dreams and memory you'll never die

Some say each gets the Heaven that he chooses
A Paradise designed for him alone
When I step into mine, you will be with me
And if you need a soul, then I'll give you my own


[For previous "meditation" posts, click here.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please be on-topic and read the comments policy. Spam, trolls, and fight-pickers will be deleted. If you don't have a Blogspot account and aren't sure how to comment, please see here. Fair warning: anything supporting transgender ideology, or negative toward Brexit, or in favor of a military draft or compulsory national service, will be deleted. I am not obligated to provide a platform for views I find morally abhorrent.

No comments advocating violence against any specific identifiable individual, even jokingly.

Please be considerate -- no political or politics-tinged comments on non-political posts, and no performative cynicism. Finally, please remember that this is a personal blog whose main purpose is to encourage contact from people with similar interests and world-views to mine. I really don't much care for arguing and debating; if arguing and debating is what you want, there are plenty of other places on the internet which welcome that.

<< Home