18 February 2019

Quick update

My hand is much improved now.  All last week I was grimly determined not to go to a doctor, because the insurance I have right now is very limited, and I was worried about the out-of-pocket cost.  But the problem was costing me in lost income anyway (my job is mostly keyboard work, and every day last week I had to leave early because of the pain and because doing everything left-handed was making my left hand sore too).  And the problem was just not getting better.  So Saturday morning I did go to the doctor, expense be damned, and got a prescription.  I've now recovered some use of the right hand, and the pain is much less, though the medication makes me rather drowsy.  I can now type close to normally and I assume it will continue to improve.

Normal posting should resume in a day or two.  Thanks again for all the good wishes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear you are on anti-inflammatories. That's the best thing!

18 February, 2019 06:24  
Anonymous Burr Deming said...

That is happy news. Good to have you back.

18 February, 2019 06:39  
Blogger One Fly said...

Good luck!

18 February, 2019 07:23  
Anonymous KanaW said...

Glad you're starting to feel better, Infidel!
Make haste slowly on starting back up again.
Best wishes from the UK.

18 February, 2019 07:52  
Blogger Mary said...

Glad you are doing better!

18 February, 2019 12:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are on the mend! P.E.C

18 February, 2019 12:55  
Blogger Martha said...

This is very good news! I'm happy to hear you are doing much better.

18 February, 2019 14:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that familiar with your blog, but have read your interesting posts on others.
But, since I have had a sore (sprained/arthritis) wrist for two months and having
read about the complex of numerous small bones and ligaments therein as well as avoiding a Dr. appointment am attempting a cure with a wrist band. So, empathy to
your right hand. I am wondering if you have followed the hunt for the DNA of Jesus ? Seems akin to the
preposterous 'Ancient Aliens' which have diluted the History Channel. We ponder
Jesus' DNA as to whether half God! Joseph, or Pantera the Roman soldier from the
literature of that time. One reason for the search is to determine whether there are
modern descendants of Jesus, and I am at a loss as to how many children he fathered.
(The literature of that time is very silent on the issue). Any amazing results with the had would I would be grateful to read about as well.

18 February, 2019 16:26  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks everyone! The meds are continuing to help and the delayed link round-up is coming together well.

Anon, I've never heard of a search for the DNA of Jesus. Most of the "relics" are obvious scams dating from well after the first century. I think Jesus was probably just a mythical figure like Zeus or Odin, not a real person, so obviously I don't believe he left any DNA (though someone may well someday find some DNA from the relevant period they can claim was his).

18 February, 2019 16:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home