21 May 2024

Truths and inspirations for 21 May 2024

If something's hard to see or read, click to enlarge.

My hope for these posts is that they will provoke thinking, not mere agreement.  If I can get you to consider even one idea which you would not previously have entertained, or which would not previously have occurred to you, then I've succeeded in what I'm trying to do.

(For the link round-up, click here.)


































You must respect and validate his -- I mean her -- identity!










Made by Pliny.







Insurance companies can't afford to wallow in global-warming-denialist idiocy.  Their ability to make profits depends on accurate assessment of risks.








3 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

I have missed your posts! I've been enjoying life offline but I am looking forward to visiting your blog from time to time. So much to see and enjoy! I hope you're doing well.

22 May, 2024 08:11  
Blogger Mary Kirkland said...

Dismantling a wind farm to mine for coal seems crazy to me.

22 May, 2024 13:36  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Martha: Thanks! I've certainly missed your blogs. Any chance you'll be returning eventually, even if only on a reduced schedule?

Mary K: It is crazy. Incredible that an advanced country like Germany is reverting to a centuries-old energy source. They may have issues with nuclear, but it doesn't produce greenhouse gases, and when handled properly it's quite safe. France gets something like three-quarters of its energy from nuclear plants and as far as I can remember they've never had an accident, even a minor one.

22 May, 2024 17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home